[LAU] "mp3"-player with ogg?

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Fri Jun 29 17:15:22 EDT 2007

> Which other players would you recommend for their abilities and
> usability?

I run an TrekStor iBeat Organix FM. The receiver's quality is very good,
as the overall audio quality is. When playing OGG which are longer than
the usual song time, dropouts appear from time to time.
The internal battery gets loaded via the USB bus, while the battery
grants you enough hours of mobile music. It has two headphone outs and
a line in as well. The display material is a bit weak, so it needs some
protection to avoid scratches.

Unfortunately it has some drawbacks:
* usability (when you need the less used functions)
* trashed filesystem after connecting it to a Mac
* crashing every 5th time when using the voice recording capability

If you need a good sounding player with a good battery time and you can
get it for a reasonable price at ebay, I can recommend it. The hardware
seems to be well engineered, while the firmware seems to be buggy. Or I
just got a device with a defective flash.

HTH,

ce