[LAU] "mp3"-player with ogg?

Hasse Hagen Johansen hhj at musikcheck.dk
Sat Jun 30 18:20:16 EDT 2007

    Arnold> Hi all, I discovered that travelling is more fun if my own
    Arnold> music is in my ears. So I decided (and my wife approved)
    Arnold> to buy a mobile player. As big parts of my music
    Arnold> collection are oggs and I am to audiophile to reconvert
    Arnold> them to mp3, I am searching for a mobile player that can
    Arnold> do ogg as well as mp3 (I don't give anything for wma, aac
    Arnold> or other proprietary stuff).

    Arnold> I like the way Apple makes things just work. If the Ipod
    Arnold> nano played ogg I would march into the next local
    Arnold> supermarket that has them on discount currently.

    Arnold> Who has experience with Linux on the Ipod (normal one
    Arnold> without nano/shuffle/etc...)? Is it stable and usable?

    Arnold> Which other players would you recommend for their
    Arnold> abilities and usability?

    Arnold> Have a nice weekend,

Hi Arnold

I am using and older iRiver h120. I'm using a pair of etymotics 4p and
think it is good. It has "connectivity" that I haven't seen offered
on other players(and in the newer irivers). I has both line-in/out &
optical spdif in/out, but it is quite old

I am using the http://rockbox.org firmware on it. You can also use it
on most of the ipods I think(and get ogg support that way)

Regards
Hasse