[linux-audio-user] Re: Re: composing with trackers

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladt at punkass.com
Wed Mar 7 04:06:11 EST 2007

Chuckk Hubbard escribe:
> "If you've never written music, and you don't own any instruments, and
> you open a program for the first time that shows you 8 divisions per
> measure with a steady beat, you'll probably make a lot of music before
> you discover what other options are available.  Multiply this by a
> million users, and you've got the makings of a long-term association
> with RDM (retarded dance music)."

Regarding trackers and other hardware or software tools, I've always
thought that it's a pure matter of talent turning your limitations
into your style.

Listening to first trance or ambient house music from late eighties or
early nineties I enjoy a lot how drums sampled in 12 bit machines
sound. Or those funny guitar sounds sampled using an Amiga computer...

So, trackers are ok for those who find them comfortable to compose
with, and not ok for everybody else.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres  m. +34679156321
La media hostia           j. ivalladt at gmail.com

http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/