[linux-audio-user] [RME HDSP 9632] Firmware downgrade - WAS: No sound

Yves Potin yves at jazzcomputer.org
Sat Mar 10 20:14:35 EST 2007

Le 11 Mar à 01:43, Bibulus ecrivait:

> So I think that a firmware downgrade will solve it.
>
> Once again: who know how to downgrade a RME HDSP 9632? And who can send
> me a old firmware version?

        I don't use Debian for audio anymore, but what I would do would be
to uninstall Debian alsa packages, then go to alsa website and grab the
version which could be relevant for what you need. And compile it by
hand. I wouldn't mix different versions of things because of Debian
dependancies and most of all for the stability of Alsa.
        For example from the alsa web page, a link conduces there :
ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/firmware/
        Of course, take care of your kernel...
        IMHO this wouldn't be a hassle to do.
        Good luck,

Y.