[linux-audio-user] [RME HDSP 9632] Firmware downgrade - WAS: No sound

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 00:09:24 EST 2007

On 3/10/07, Bibulus <bibulus at free.fr> wrote:
<SNIP>

> I have exactly the same problem.
>
> So I think that a firmware downgrade will solve it.
>
> Once again: who know how to downgrade a RME HDSP 9632? And who can send
> me a old firmware version?
>
> [...]
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bye

For an upgrade or downgrade you have to run the executable "firmware
update" program from the RME site. This MUST be run in Windows. Do NOT
try it under any form of Linux, Wine or DOS in Linux, etc. It won't
work.

I doubt I have the file anymore. The best bet is the RME driver
archive directory.

http://www.rme-audio.com/english/download/drivers_archive.htm

I'm not sure what they are supplying here anymore. It's been too long
since I've looked. If required I could reboot into Windows and
possibly check versions tomorrow. Unfortunately hdspconf under Linux
doesn't list the installed firmware version like the Windows version
does.

If the right version doesn't show up on that page you should write RME
support and ask them for a copy of the HDSP firmware update program
circa 2004 or 2005. Let them know you are running Linux. I'm sure they
can help you get the right version.

Note that I haven't touched firmware in a few years as there is no
support for any Alsa developer to support these cards and the new
firmware. Disappointing, yes, but the cards work very well under Linux
with the right version installed.

Good luck and I hope this helps,
Mark