laptop noise (was Re: [linux-audio-user] intel core 2 duo and amd turion 64x2)

Jerome Tuncer columbiatwo at free.fr
Sat Mar 10 21:23:08 EST 2007

Hi,

My definite solution for such a noise on my old ASUS L2000D was simply
to not provide the computer with its earth connection when plugged. I
first used a tiny piece of plastic bag to isolate the earth connection
from the pin of the wall plug to the mains cable but eventually I built
a custom mains cable (connection from wall plug to switching power
supply box) with earth pin not connected.

I do not have anymore noise in audio output (I used to have in both
internal chipset and USB interface...)

Hope it works for you and you're not too concerned about strict
electrical security (-:

++

Jé