[linux-audio-user] [RME HDSP 9632] Firmware downgrade - WAS: No sound

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 10:24:02 EDT 2007

Dragan,
   I'm sorry but I don't really know. As I said earlier I set up my
HDSP 9652 - not a Digiface or Multiface - the plain card - probably 3
or more years ago. I'm not even sure that the Multiface firmware
revision numbers match the HDSP 9652 numbers so I'd not want to tell
you one thing and have it break your card.

   When I first got my card it had firmware that was supported by
Linux. Somewhere along the way I upgraded under Windows, found the
problem in Linux and had to downgrade under Windows to get Linux it
working again.

   I worked alot with Thomas Charbonell to help get hdspmixer &
hdspconf working. I gave Thomas an account on my system. He was in
France at the time but did some of the development logged into my
machine here in California. He'd make changes from while I sat by the
computer. I'd then run the new version and report back to him by chat
session what the program did. We eventually got things working.

   The only reason I report all that is to say that since hdspmixer
started working I've never touched my firmware again. I'm slightly
disappointed that I cannot upgrade as this stops me from using new
drivers supplied by RME for Windows. Disappointing but not the end of
the world.

   Wish I could help mire.

Good luck,
Mark