[linux-audio-user] [RME HDSP 9632] Firmware downgrade - WAS: No sound

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Mar 11 13:13:42 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 15:15 +0100, Dragan Noveski wrote:

> i am running a multiface very well here and don't know which firmware is
> flashed in.

lspci will show the rev number, which is the same as the firmware
version.

> but there is 1: firmware which is flashed into the card
>                    2: the firmware drivers from alsa, on my system still
> the old demudi package, sth. like 1.09..

you're confused, but i don't blame you :) the ALSA driver doesn't
actually load firmware into the IO box, it loads a configuration file
into the IO box. This contents of the config data depend on the actual
firmware present on the PCI interface. nothing on linux updates the
actual firmware.

> so if i update the firmware drivers to 1.0.13 i should not expect breakage?

if you are talking about upgrading ALSA to 1.0.13, then you should be
just fine.

--p