[linux-audio-user] Rotter and JACK install issues...

Mike Lyon mike.lyon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 18:35:06 EDT 2007

So I found the answer to my prayers, Rotter...

Before I downloaded it, I installed jackd ver. 0.101.1 on my ubuntu box.

So I downloaded the source, did the typical gunzip and tar -xvf then
./configure of the beast and I get this:

mlyon at kkup-audio:/rotter-0.1$ sudo ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for sqrt in -lm... yes
checking for lrintf in -lm... yes
checking for powf in -lmx... no
checking for JACK_CFLAGS...
checking for JACK_LIBS...
configure: error: Package requirements (jack >= 0.100.0) were not met.

Alternatively you may set the JACK_CFLAGS and JACK_LIBS environment variables
to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
more details.

The powf I believe is required if I was going to use mpg2, which I am
not. Going to be MP3.  But the issue I am wondering about is the:

configure: error: Package requirements (jack >= 0.100.0) were not met.

I am running jack ver 0.101.1.

Anyone know what the issue is here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,