[linux-audio-user] Rotter and JACK install issues...

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Sun Mar 11 19:34:38 EDT 2007

Mike Lyon wrote:
> So I found the answer to my prayers, Rotter...
>
> Before I downloaded it, I installed jackd ver. 0.101.1 on my ubuntu box.
>
> So I downloaded the source, did the typical gunzip and tar -xvf then
> ./configure of the beast and I get this:
>
> mlyon at kkup-audio:/rotter-0.1$ sudo ./configure
> checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> checking for inline... inline
> checking for sqrt in -lm... yes
> checking for lrintf in -lm... yes
> checking for powf in -lmx... no
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for JACK_CFLAGS...
> checking for JACK_LIBS...
> configure: error: Package requirements (jack >= 0.100.0) were not met.
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively you may set the JACK_CFLAGS and JACK_LIBS environment
> variables
> to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
> more details.
>
> The powf I believe is required if I was going to use mpg2, which I am
> not. Going to be MP3.  But the issue I am wondering about is the:
>
> configure: error: Package requirements (jack >= 0.100.0) were not met.
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> I am running jack ver 0.101.1.
>
> Anyone know what the issue is here?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

hi,
i am running debian here and in my .bash_profile file i have this (as
only two lines, but it does not fits here as two lines):

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:
/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/share/qt3/lib:/usr/share/qt4/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/kde/lib:/lib

perhaps it helps you in some way.

cheers,
doc