[linux-audio-user] To MacBook or not to MacBook, that's the question

Marc-Olivier Barre mobarre at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 08:11:57 EDT 2007

On 3/17/07, Christoph Eckert <ce at christeck.de> wrote:
> > Mind you, this is a Latitude, not an Inspiron which seems to have a
> > bad reputation.
>
> maybe, but my Inspiron 8200 now works flawlessly for almost 5 years.
> I've seen other I8ks with hardware trouble, but this was no prob thanks
> to the Dell on-site service. And its 1400x1050 pixel display offered
> much more value as I bought it than the 1024x768 of the competitors.
>
> I agree, though, that I wouldn't buy one without at least 3 years
> hardware service.
>
> Cheers,

Hi,

FWIW, a friend of mine worked for Dell (in the customer support
service) to optimize there processes. We've talked about a few
times...

Dell works this way. The thing they are best at is fixing computer
hardware (I would like, as a professional, to get this kind of service
when I open a case at sun's CS with my golden whatsoever contract
number)

What's dell's secret to sell cheap computers ? They are so good (and
efficient in their processes) at fixing poor quality hardware that
it's more interesting for then to just replace 5 times the same
components than to build a computer with good quality ones. It makes
the computer cheaper, and as Sampo said, when there's a problem, it's
fixed fast. So it's just transparent to the user.