[LAU] ANNOUNCE: PHASEX v0.10.0

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Fri May 4 13:39:45 EDT 2007

On Friday 04 May 2007 05:42, William Weston wrote:
> On Thu, 3 May 2007, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > Well it looks superb. I've still to hear it, as I'm attempting to
> > initially build it on FC2, but am getting a problem with "make".
> >
> > What are the build requirements for Phasex? I don't want to waste a lot
> > of time trying to get it to build on FC2, if it's not possible.
>
> I wouldn't expect it to be possible on FC2.  Not until I take the time to
> make the GTK code compile on older versions of GTK-2.x.

> Could you let me know how that FC5 and Debian builds go?
>
> Thanks,
> --ww

Update for the FC5 build on the same machine as Debian Etch (see previous
post)

Phasex builds ok on FC5. GTK version is 2.8.20-1, but again segfaults when
clicking on the file menu.

Again, if I ssh from FC2 into FC5, and run Phasex from FC2, there are no
problems. Closing Phasex from FC2 shows a segfault on closure. Running Phasex
from the CLI on FC5 gives this output.

[djmons at localhost ~]$ phasex

(<unknown>:19775): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_style_finalize: assertion
`style->attach_count == 0' failed
Segmentation fault
[djmons at localhost ~]$

Weird how I can ssh into the other machine from FC2, whether it's running
Debian Etch, or FC5, and Phasex runs with no problems, but segfaults when I
start it from the machine that it's installed on.

Nigel.