[LAU] Re: Re: [Music] Here a new track

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri May 4 13:58:49 EDT 2007

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 06:43:01PM +0200, julien bodd wrote:

> Also, I'm not sure what you mean by 'laidback timing',
> but what I think you mean is the first piano loop which has some blanks
> which last too long (1 out of 4)?

Laid-back as in being slightly behind the beat, something used
in hip hop for a cool, relaxed feeling. Can also emphasize a
weighty, melancholic to depressing mood, so I assumed you did
it quite conciously, just a bit too much.

> The lead tries hard to be dramatic.
> >

> I don't understand. You mean that the guitar tries to be sad?

It's like watching a not particularly skilled actor trying to
convey a strong emotion. Sadly I can't pinpoint why it seems that
way to me. I recognise this propably sounds harsh, but I wouldn't
know how else to express it. Then again, maybe it was just my own
mood being to contrary :/

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Design for Free Software: