[LAU] USB audio device recommendation?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri May 4 15:07:55 EDT 2007

Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2007 schrieb Ken Restivo:
> My spiffy new ASUS laptop that I thought was so great, is saddled with the
> dreaded Ricoh firewire chip (as well as having it on a shared interrupt
> with, well, *everything*).

Mine is working _very_ well with its Ricoh-FW-Chip. A lot better than
usb-audio which crashes when I record to disk.

Which is also a reason why I would not advise you to go that step back to usb
if you already have the firewire device...

> Rather than throw good money after bad and buy an external FireWire card, I
> may be a smarter move to give up on FireWire and try USB instead. (And, no,
> it's too late to return the laptop. Which is what I knew would happen).
> I would, however, like as low latency as possible. I'm used to -n3 -p128 on
> firewire, so if I could find a USB interface that could handle that, I'd be
> totally happy.

I am used to 2x64 on my firewire (both on my ricoh-based laptop and on my big
pc) for playing synths.

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/