[LAU] USB audio device recommendation?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri May 4 16:57:50 EDT 2007

Hallo,
Ken Restivo hat gesagt: // Ken Restivo wrote:

> I would, however, like as low latency as possible. I'm used to -n3
> -p128 on firewire, so if I could find a USB interface that could
> handle that, I'd be totally happy.

All USB soundcards have the same latency, so that's one thing you
don't need to be concerned with when choosing a USB card.

"-n3 -p128" works fine with USB: I tried this with the cheap Terratec
Aureon USB and a higher-end Terratec Phase 26. You can even get a bit
lower (I think, I had -n3 -p32 running with the Aureon as well) but
this of course requires a very well tuned system and personally I
wouldn't risk this on stage or for important recordings.

Ciao