[LAU] A program to chop up samples?

Andre Majorel aym-psd at teaser.fr
Mon May 7 04:10:52 EDT 2007

On 2007-05-06 13:20 -0700, Ken Restivo wrote:

> I remember stumbling across a tool-- or maybe it was a script in
> Python or one of the music languages-- that would take a WAV
> file and chop it up into a bunch of individual samples, with a
> way to adjust the hysteresis for threshold and length.

There's this.

  http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/misc/auxtract-2002-06-16.tar.gz

It works on raw little-endian 16-bit PCM, though, not WAV. You'd
have to use sox to convert back and forth and pass auxtract the -c
and -s options so it knows the sample rate and number of channels.

If you need the gate the open and close gradually or some time
before/after the level goes above/below the threshold, this is not
it.

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Do not use this account for regular correspondence.