[LAU] Advice on hardwware components

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun May 20 12:02:55 EDT 2007

Michael Nelson wrote:

>Finally, the graphics card... What do you recommend? Is there anything to avoid? I'd much rather use open source drivers, but don't really have enough money to get a Matrox PCI-E card at the moment.

Hi Michael:

Your system is similar to one I built a few months ago. Re: the graphics
card, one thing to bear in mind is that the fans on those cards can be
loud, even in an Antec case. I now have a fanless nVidia card in my
machine, it works fine with either the kernel module or nVidia's binary
driver, and it's *quiet*.

Best,

dp