[LAU] building a debian system for audio

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed May 23 15:25:26 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 12:14 -0700, Ken Restivo wrote:

> That's what I had to do in order to get Ardour2 going, since the Debian package uses SYSLIBS=1 and thusly makes it non-functional on my machine.
>
> I tried checkinstall too, but that had issues: apparently the Ardour2 scons target tries to make symlinks for /usr/bin/gcc, and dpkg rightly refused to allow it to something so dangerous.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

its also the 2nd time that its been claimed. please either point to the
line in our scons build system where this happens, or stop claiming that
it does.

I am very disappointed to hear that the Debian package is using
SYSLIBS=1. This means that we will refuse to support any Debian users
that have issues with Ardour. The Debian packager(s) have been told
about this in the past, and we made the consequences of their choices
clear.

--p