[LAU] Octaver or fuzztone effect

porl sheean porl42 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 01:17:04 EDT 2007

pure data is something i have been wanting to look into. i suppose my reason
for the spice thing is that one of my hobbies is building and modifying old
valve amps (not a huge success rate at the moment though, but getting
there... stupid old power transformers dying on me...). i know that spice
will not give an accurate sound of a real valve, but it would be really
handy to hear *changes* with circuit modifications on a real signal. things
like frequency response are pretty straightforward i suppose, but what about
things like sag and the effects of negative feedback? bit harder to judge
from the schematic if you are a beginner like me :) i'll have to have a look
at your spice thingy when i get home (my machine here isn't set up for stuff
like that... yet :).

off topic (from my off topic previous post...): does anyone know where to
get *good* spice models for valves/tubes? especially working with oregano (i
tried geda but it keeps crashing on me). also good transformer models (i
know these can be done somehow with subcircuits, but as i said, i'm still a
beginner. i just want some basic 4k/8ohm single ended and push-pull models
for basic circuit building.

thanks
porl