[LAU] Octaver or fuzztone effect

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Tue May 29 03:16:22 EDT 2007

Robin Gareus wrote:

> I've been dreaming about a /jackifiying/ spice ;) - I spiced up my
> Pfingst Montag by added a libsndfile voltage-source to ng-spice.

Awesome. I love hearing about things like that :-).

> Now it's Tueday and using a IR seems the way to go... simulating the
> foxx effect alone is not trivial.

IR == impulse response??

If so, you are way off track. The impulse response method of analyzing
systems is *only* valid for linear time-invariant (LTI) systems and
things like fuzztones are *not* linear.

For non-linear systems you need things like Volterra Series, but beware,
there is some seriously wicked maths there.

> I've started to document the spice patch at
> http://mir.dnsalias.com/wiki/spicesound - the code's barely a few hours
> old and highly experimental. NTL, it's already allows to process spice3
> netlists reading and generating wav file(s).

Damn thats cool!

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo