[LAU] Octaver or fuzztone effect

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Thu May 31 19:31:53 EDT 2007

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Robin Gareus wrote:
>
>> I've been dreaming about a /jackifiying/ spice ;) - I spiced up my
>> Pfingst Montag by added a libsndfile voltage-source to ng-spice.
>
> Awesome. I love hearing about things like that :-).
>
>> Now it's Tueday and using a IR seems the way to go... simulating the
>> foxx effect alone is not trivial.
>
> IR == impulse response??
> If so, you are way off track. The impulse response method of analyzing
> systems is *only* valid for linear time-invariant (LTI) systems and
> things like fuzztones are *not* linear.

yes I meant impulse response, and got derailed late that night.

> For non-linear systems you need things like Volterra Series, but beware,
> there is some seriously wicked maths there.

ah yes; I thought we hit that snag ;)

anyway, thanks for the encouragement - I've just updated the spice-patch
and documentation. - ngSpice-snd now includes a built-in libsndfile
print command, too. http://mir.dnsalias.com/oss/spicesound/start

robin