[LAU] Whysynth and MIDI channels

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Wed May 30 08:46:44 EDT 2007

On 5/29/07, Sean Bolton <musound at jps.net> wrote:
> With ghostess, use the '-chan' command line option, e.g.
> 'ghostess -chan 3 whysynth.so'.  Note that ghostess numbers
> its channels starting from 0, so that example would cause it
> to listen on what most people call channel 4.... ;-)
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> -Sean

Now doesn't that sound silly when you read it out loud?  I don't
understand why so many programmers insist on using 0-15 for MIDI
channels when most hardware uses 1-16 (correct me if I'm wrong).

BTW, I've started hacking on patch to ghostess version 20061127 to add
LASH support.  I realize now that it's not a very good idea,
considering the "configuration" file ghostess writes out.  Do you have
any plans on changing that or the initial configuration code before I
spend any more time on it?