[LAU] M-Audio Oxygen8 - some problems

Sebastian Tschöpel tschoseb at tu-cottbus.de
Wed Nov 21 03:07:35 EST 2007

Hello Arnold,

thank you for your quick answer.

Arnold Krille wrote:
 > Did you install the package alsa-firmware?

Well, alsa-firmware is actually installed. I tried to install it again
from source
instead of using a packagemanager (whatever that might have changed)
but the problem still remains.

 > This means that the windows driver downloaded the firmware, but that
 > Linux didn't manage to do it.

I couldn't find any other information what might be wrong. Any other
suggestions?

 > I'm think OpenSUSE 10.2 uses udev and not hotplug.

Do you mean it' won't work with the hotplug script at all due to the
fact that oS10.3 uses udev?
I unfortunately got poor knowledge about those udev/hotplug things.

Best regards,
Sebastian.