[LAU] M-Audio Oxygen8 - some problems

Edgar Aichinger edogawa at aon.at
Wed Nov 21 04:22:30 EST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 21. November 2007 schrieb Sebastian Tschöpel:
> Hello Arnold,
>
> thank you for your quick answer.
>
> Arnold Krille wrote:
>  > Did you install the package alsa-firmware?
>
> Well, alsa-firmware is actually installed. I tried to install it again
> from source
> instead of using a packagemanager (whatever that might have changed)
> but the problem still remains.
>
>  > This means that the windows driver downloaded the firmware, but that
>  > Linux didn't manage to do it.
>  >

> I couldn't find any other information what might be wrong. Any other
> suggestions?

Looks like you want the package "midisport-firmware" from Takashi Iwai's
multimedia:/audio repository on the openSUSE buildserver, for 10.2 look here:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/audio/openSUSE_10.2/

The rpm has firmware files for:
- MidiSport 1x1, 2x2, 4x4, 8x8 and Uno
- Keystation
- Oxygen
- Radium

I have updated the JackLab wiki page "Midiman MidiSport 2x2" recently
because it still told to do all of the firmware loading manually.

I'll try to find a more general title for the page:

http://wiki.jacklab.net/index.php/Midiman_Midisport_2x2

Edgar