[LAU] M-Audio Oxygen8 - some problems

Sebastian Tschöpel tschoseb at tu-cottbus.de
Wed Nov 21 07:56:58 EST 2007

Hello Edgar,
Hello List,

 > Looks like you want the package "midisport-firmware" from Takashi
Iwai's multimedia:/audio repository on the openSUSE buildserver, for
10.2 look here:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/audio/openSUSE_10.2/

 > The rpm has firmware files for:
 > - MidiSport 1x1, 2x2, 4x4, 8x8 and Uno
 > - Keystation
 > - Oxygen
 > - Radium

Well, that doesn't work either for my Oxygen *8*. I installed the
firmware correctly,
the system recognizes the usb-device after plugging in but no firmware
gets loaded.

Is it possible to load it manually?
Or another idea?

Does anyone has a M-Audio (former Midiman) Oxygen *8* running?
As i said: It works when i boot windows and then boot linux again....
how strange is that?!

Best regards,
Sebastian.

PS: Sorry for sending it to you twice, Edgar! My bad.