[LAU] Very low input from accoustic guitar pickup

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Thu Nov 22 09:20:25 EST 2007

Le Jeudi, 22 Nov 2007 12:12:42 +0100,
Sebastian Tschöpel <tschoseb at tu-cottbus.de> a écrit :

> A battery is the proof that you actually have a build-in pre-amp.
> Therefore you're right: The battery has to be low.

  But the control set has also a 'low battery' LED and it does not
light.  Maybe not enough power to light the LED...

> >>   Pushing the volume to the max also brings noise with it.

> What kind of noise ? Whitenoise like or a low-frequency noise?

Low frequency, like a buzzing sound.

> >> some kind of impedence adapter
>
> If you have a low-freq noise it could be a ground loop or something.
> In your case, a white noise would come from the fact that you
> increased the guitarlevel extremly to hear a signal -> Signal to
> noise ratio != 0 so you increase the noise level as well.

For me white noise (as well as pink noise) are sounds found on an Arp
synth.  I mean, there's more or less like tuning in-between radio
stations.  That's not the case.  It's a low buzzing sound that
increases with the volume.  It's not there at 5 or 6 but is very
noticeable at 9-10.  But it is not as strong as if a finger is put right
on the unplugged jack.  Putting a plug-in amplifier in Ardour and
setting the voilume at 6 does not give good results.  It's a shame,
because the actual sounds of the bass are interesting.  If only the
noise could be removed.

Gruß,

Al