[LAU] Very low input from accoustic guitar pickup

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Nov 22 09:50:48 EST 2007

lanas wrote:
> Le Jeudi, 22 Nov 2007 12:12:42 +0100,
> Sebastian Tschöpel <tschoseb at tu-cottbus.de> a écrit :
>> What kind of noise ? Whitenoise like or a low-frequency noise?
>>

> Low frequency, like a buzzing sound.
> [snip] It's a low buzzing sound that
> increases with the volume.  It's not there at 5 or 6 but is very
> noticeable at 9-10.  But it is not as strong as if a finger is put right
> on the unplugged jack.  Putting a plug-in amplifier in Ardour and
> setting the voilume at 6 does not give good results.  It's a shame,
> because the actual sounds of the bass are interesting.  If only the
> noise could be removed.

Are you facing the monitor while recording ?

I have a cheap bass that acts much the same way. I've found that I have
to set its volume and tone controls just right to eliminate the buzzing.
My guess, the pots are poor quality and need replaced, and the internal
wiring is maybe not so good either. Perhaps you have an internal ground
problem ?

Best,

dp