[LAU] Recording new album....and more !

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Thu Nov 29 15:45:45 EST 2007

On Thursday 29 November 2007 18:39, Conor O'Tuama wrote:
> Hi now to all !
>
> Been a while since I put some music up here,
> Just started recording my new album (using Ardour, qjackctl et al.).
>
> Ill be documenting the ups/downs/blunders on my website, and putting
> mixes up at the end of each recording session.....that's the plan,
> anyway :-)
> So, if anybody's interested, you can pop over to www.conorotuama.com
> for a listen !!
>
> Here's a link to a rough mix of what I got up to today:
> http://conorotuama.com/oggs/demos/all_i_summon_1.ogg
> Article here:
> http://conorotuama.com/recording-day1/
>
> Also, a while back I recorded a demo of The Undertones' song, "Teenage
> Kicks", for a competition over here in Ireland, and here it is with
> all its rough edges intact !
> http://conorotuama.com/oggs/teenage_kicks/teenage_kicks_final_mix_edited.og
>g (the e-bow guitars are a little too much like the ones in one of my other
> songs.....hehe)
>
> All recording done in Linux !
> Thanks to all the devs and users,
> Conor.
> (I won't bug the list for another 6 months....!)

Hi Conor. Nice to see you on the list again, and with new tunes.

First. Thank you so much for Teenage Kicks. I believe the late, and sadly
missed John Peel referred to it as the number one tune of all time, and it
was first in his box. I don't have the original on vinyl, but your version
comes across very nicely.

All I summon sounds ok to me. I like dance music (beats), I also like like the
acoustic guitar, which of course also turns up on dance tracks. Even though
you say it's a rough mix, I have no complaints. Nice work.

All the best on your new album.

Nigel.