[LAU] Recording new album....and more !

Gordon JC Pearce gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Fri Nov 30 07:14:43 EST 2007

On Thursday 29 November 2007 20:45:45 Nigel Henry wrote:

> First. Thank you so much for Teenage Kicks. I believe the late, and sadly
> missed John Peel referred to it as the number one tune of all time, and it
> was first in his box. I don't have the original on vinyl, but your version
> comes across very nicely.

I remember the day he died.  I left the office a little early and was sitting
in my car moments after 7pm.  Turned the key, put the code in, and the
electrics fired up with the radio on Radio Scotland, just starting to
play "Teenage Kicks".

All the BBC radio stations played that same song simultaneously at 7pm.

Didn't feel like driving home for a few minutes after it had finished, so I
just sat for a while.

Bye bye John.  We all miss the man who knew the most about music in the world.

Gordon