[LAU] Loosing stuff is not always a bad thing

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Mon Sep 3 06:53:22 EDT 2007

On Saturday 01 September 2007 20:48, Folderol wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 23:01:28 +0200
>
> Nigel Henry <cave.dnb at tiscali.fr> wrote:
> > Well here's the patch for what it's worth. Attached below.
> >
> > Nigel.
>
> Hi again Nigel.
>
> I've had a look at your patch and tried a few changes. I'm not entirely
> sure it's any closer to a piano or just different at 90deg!
>
> First I changed the saw wave to a triangle because I thought the saw
> was too raspy. Then I changed the attack and decay times to try to
> emulate the effect of the 'strings' being hammered. As far as I can
> see, phasex doesn't allow micro pitch changes between oscillators, so I
> added in a bit of chorus to try to get a slightly detuned effect.
>
> Anyway, let me know what you think.
>
> Anyone else want to have a go at this?

Hi Will. Thanks for having a go with that patch. It sounds a lot softer than
my version, but there are so many different piano sounds that it's difficult
to know what someone is looking for. I'll continue twiddling the knobs, and
see what else I can come up with.

Thanks btw for the info for building Zyn. I spent most of yesterday still
trying to get the Fedora 7 version working without it freezing up.
Interestingly, if I SSH into F7 from The other machine, and start it from
there, it works ok.

All the best.

Nigel.