[LAU] [ANN] TapStart 0.1 released

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Sep 10 11:07:32 EDT 2007

Hi all,

following a basic rule for open source project "publish early and often" I
release the very first (but quite feature-rich) version of TapStart to the
public.

TapStart is a basic tempo-measurement where you tap some beats and get the
(averaged) tempo displayed. But there is more to it:
 - TapStart also updates the jack-tempo (if a running jack was found during
startup) and can even start the jack transport after a defined number of
taps. This is implemented for using this thing in jam-sessions to get a
click/drum-computer to play in a tempo not known before.
 - TapStart can also send OSC-messages with the tempo/delay-value as argument
to any gives host and path.

You can find more information on its page at
http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/?q=TapStart
ofqf (http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/?q=node/573) is needed for the osc-part
and has to be installed beforehand.

The direct-link to the source package is:
http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/files/downloads/tapstart/tapstart-0.1.tar.gz
ofqf: http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/files/downloads/ofqf/ofqf-0.1.1.tar.bz2

Have fun,

Arnold