[LAU] [ANN] TapStart 0.1 released

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Mon Sep 10 17:08:40 EDT 2007

Arnold Krille wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> following a basic rule for open source project "publish early and often" I
> release the very first (but quite feature-rich) version of TapStart to the
> public.
>
> TapStart is a basic tempo-measurement where you tap some beats and get the
> (averaged) tempo displayed. But there is more to it:
>  - TapStart also updates the jack-tempo (if a running jack was found during
> startup) and can even start the jack transport after a defined number of
> taps. This is implemented for using this thing in jam-sessions to get a
> click/drum-computer to play in a tempo not known before.
>  - TapStart can also send OSC-messages with the tempo/delay-value as argument
> to any gives host and path.
>
> You can find more information on its page at
> http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/?q=TapStart
> ofqf (http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/?q=node/573) is needed for the osc-part
> and has to be installed beforehand.
>
> The direct-link to the source package is:
> http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/files/downloads/tapstart/tapstart-0.1.tar.gz
> ofqf: http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/files/downloads/ofqf/ofqf-0.1.1.tar.bz2
>
> Have fun,
>
> Arnold

hi arnold,
i am having different problems installing tapstart.

well, installing 'ofqf' was almost trivial, i only had to change the
QTDIR ntry in my .bash_profile to point to qt4 and to logout and login
again, than it got builded.

but now, running scons on tapstart, i get following error:

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking for pkg-config (at least version 0.0.0)... yes
Checking for QtCore...  yes
Checking for QtGui...   yes
Checking for ofqf (0.1.1 or higher)...  no

so what is the problem?

i already was runnung 'updatedb' as root and 'ldconfig' too, also i
tried restarting the machine.
the fact is:

/usr/local/include/ofqf
/usr/local/include/ofqf/qoscclient.h
/usr/local/include/ofqf/qoscserver.h
/usr/local/include/ofqf/qosctypes.h
/usr/local/lib/libofqf.so
/usr/local/lib/libofqf.so.0
/usr/local/lib/libofqf.so.0.1
/usr/local/lib/pkg-config/ofqf.pc

the pkg_config_path in my .bash_profile looks now like:

export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkg-config

so, ofqf installed her .pc file in /usr/local/lib/pkg-config, and
usually on my system the dir is called 'pkgconfig' and not 'pkg-config'.

but still i do not understand, i extended the PKG_CONFIG_PATH with
/usr/local/lib/pkg-config and still it does not work.
i also tried to cp ofqf.pc into /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig, but this is
not helping either.

arnold, i hope that you have some better idea than me?!

cheers,
doc

p.s. scons is v0.97-0d20070809-1 from debian-testing