[LAU] compiling list of console apps

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Tue Sep 11 18:00:17 EDT 2007

Hi!
  Well I had a look a linux-sound.org many times and also at
apps.linuxaudio.org. But the problem is:
  I have to click through all the websites and evaluate from app to app if
they have some console-interface. It is/was unnerving enough for me, since
noone really seemed to bother about tagging apps with gui/nongui. And I'm not
the only blind user or simple graphic-disliking person out there. So I want to
compile a list of them, at least of the major ones, so other new people have
it that bit easier.
  I know: SF.net has filters for this, but not all projects are there. So my
idea is to either publish my own list of apps, or at least make a nice
compliation to hand over to e.g. linuxaudio.org, so they may include a
GUI-tag.
  Sorry for being so longwinded. Got carried away. :-)
  Kindest regards
       Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net