[LAU] MIDI Control over Ardour and Rosegarden

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Sep 13 21:39:37 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 00:57 +0100, Ricardo Lobo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe it is possible to control the volume, panning, reverb, etc in
> Ardour and Rosegarden using the knobs and sliders of a MIDI controler,
> but I'm not getting it right. The controllers come with some default
> assignments, but when I use the knobs and sliders nothing happens.
> Probably the software has different assigned channels, where can I
> change them to match the controllers settings? Little Help?

I can't speak for Rosegarden.

Anything in Ardour that can be controlled by MIDI CC or NoteOn/Off
messages is bound by pressing Ctrl-middle-button, and then "moving" the
knob/slider/fader.

There are no built-in defaults at all. You can save a session as a
template and then create a new session from the template if you want to
preserve bindings and re-use them.

--p