[LAU] [ANN] JAD 1.0 officially released

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Sep 17 04:16:57 EDT 2007

Hartmut Noack wrote:

> david schrieb:
>> Dave Phillips wrote:
>>
>>> The JackLab Project announces its first public release
>> Useless to me - no CD image available. I don't have a DVD burner.
>>
> You can upgrade a Standard-Suse to JAD by registering its package-repos
> and installing the kernel and the App-packages.
>
> No unevitable need to use the DVD ;-)

Yah, I could burn a SuSE CD and install that, then upgrade the packages.
Thanks for the idea. Just what I need - (YALAD) Yet Another Linux Audio
Distro throing it's hat into the ring. I wonder how it compares to
pure:bolic, dyne:bolic, Musix, Ubuntu Studio, Studio64, or what other's
I forgot to include?

I do sometimes wish the developers would all get together and focus on
one distro and finish making the applications work right ... ;-)

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community