[LAU] music page updated

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Fri Apr 4 12:23:21 EDT 2008

frank wrote:
> ... How was the vocal recorded, processed and mixed for "Good Love
> Blues?"  It's in just the right spot both in the audio image and in
> the mix.  Microphones, EQ, effects, whatever?
Hi Frank,

Mic is an SM58 going through an AudioBuddy preamp before heading into a
Delta 66 input and on into a mono track in Ardour. No EQing, only the
CAPS Versatile Plate Reverb on the master. Alas, this session and some
others were lost in a disk crash last year. I have the mixed material,
but the original Ardour sessions are gone. :(

Btw, I never use presets with that reverb, I tune it differently for
everything I do.

> Thanks man, you've got what I'm shooting for.
Thanks for listening and commenting. I'm trying to improve my little
recording expertise, it's a truly daunting task. I was not born to be an
audio engineer... ;)

Best,

dp