[LAU] music page updated

frank frankpirrone at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 16:39:15 EDT 2008

Dave Phillips wrote:
> frank wrote:
>> ... How was the vocal recorded, processed and mixed for "Good Love
>> Blues?"  It's in just the right spot both in the audio image and in
>> the mix.  Microphones, EQ, effects, whatever?
> Hi Frank,
>
> Mic is an SM58 going through an AudioBuddy preamp before heading into
> a Delta 66 input and on into a mono track in Ardour. No EQing, only
> the CAPS Versatile Plate Reverb on the master. Alas, this session and
> some others were lost in a disk crash last year. I have the mixed
> material, but the original Ardour sessions are gone. :(
>
> Btw, I never use presets with that reverb, I tune it differently for
> everything I do.
>
>> Thanks man, you've got what I'm shooting for.
> Thanks for listening and commenting. I'm trying to improve my little
> recording expertise, it's a truly daunting task. I was not born to be
> an audio engineer... ;)
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Thanks for the info Dave.  Well, check on the SM58, Ardour and Caps VPR,
so I may be hearing the benefit of the AudioBuddy  over my EuroRack 802
or the Delta 66 over my Audigy2.  I'll take a closer look.

You're voice sounds better than mine, but we sound like twins on harp.
I believe I once played that exact solo!

Frank