[LAU] A few jack questions regarding compile and cli options

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Mon Apr 7 12:26:27 EDT 2008

Hi!
   I don't know the answers to a few of your questions. But here's what I know
or I think I know.
   For compilation:
Use your processor specific options (--enable-sse --enable-mmx etc.) Then I
found the following useful:
--enable-resize --enable-timestamps --disable-unwanted_driver (I disable all
drivers I don't need like --disable-oss etc.).
   For the -c option. Here I'm speculating, never used it: But if you have it
HPET sounds the best. Besides tat I always give the -R commandline option and
to be sure jack doesn't timeout I also give --timeout 4500
   Hope that helps.
   Kindest regards
         Julien

--------