[LAU] An instrument sample project

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Wed Apr 9 14:30:19 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 08:38:56PM +0300, Arda Eden wrote:
> Yes,
> Giga still seems to be the most featured format for GNU/Linux. Linuxsampler
> works fine. I think gigedit will be my choice.
> Thanks.

There is also tapeutape, which does layering and is very simple and straightforward-- most of it is configured from a conf file.

Fluidsynth is a good choice but I've had way too much trouble with Swami (the soundfont editor) so I don't make my own soundfonts anymore.

If you can deal with all the dependencies required to get GigaEdit built, that looks like the most complete and up-to-date.

Also, look around, there may be an unofficial repository somewhere with binaries for GigaEdit/GigaSampler already there.

-ken