[LAU] An instrument sample project

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Wed Apr 9 15:09:13 EDT 2008

Hi!
   If I were to create a lovingly cared for instrument and if I had the right
knowledge to do so, I'd stick with gigasample at least for two reasons I know
of:
keyrelease-samples and pedaldown-samples.
   I suppose there's more to it. Why I wouldn't stick to specimin or tapeutape
(much as I like the latter one) for my basic "official" instrument: That way
it's restricted to linux and inside linux restricted to sighted people. That
reduces the user/player-base enormously and in my case it restricts freedom of
useability.
   Before we get something started: I don't say don't do patches for specimin
and other linux-specific samplers. I just go for the wider masses first. Maybe
there's help out there, enthusiasts with very nice feedback, advice and other
things that are honey for the ego, and fuel for continuing development. :-)
   Kindest regards
         Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net