[LAU] Cheap Hardware-Synth/Samler with Midi

Daniel Schmitt pnambic at unu.nu
Sun Apr 13 14:28:59 EDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 7:31 PM, N. Gey <ilfhi at gmx.de> wrote:
>  I'm looking for a really cheap hardwaresynth or hardwaresampler with
>  midi-interface and some audio-out.
>
>  I want to use my masterkeyboard even when my pc is powered off. Just for
>  some playing and practising, nothing important.
>  So the sound doesn't have to be that great. And its only for home-use, too.

One word: eBay. If all you need are decent standard sounds, you can
pick up a late-80s/early-90s sample player synth like an e-mu
Proteus/1 or a Korg M3r for substantially less than 100 Euro. These
things were built for stage use and are pretty much indestructible, so
they have still years of useful life in them.

Ciao,

Daniel.