[LAU] [LAA] Sweep 0.9.2 released.

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Mon Apr 14 10:17:03 EDT 2008

pete shorthose wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:16:02 +0200
> Dragan Noveski <perodog at gmx.net> wrote:
>

>> hallo, thx for the new release!
>> unlucky it is crashing here, when trying to load a .wav file. not sure
>> if this backtrace is useful for you:
>>
> <snip>
>
> hey Dragan. i can't duplicate his here on ubuntu (gusty)
> i installed the german locale and set the following
> env var:
>
> export LC_ALL=de_DE.UTF-8
>
> and sweep loads without a problem.
>
> the error occurs during creation of the interface when
> the paste insert button is added. on your system, the
> tooltip text seems to be invalid and is crashing sweep.
>
> perhaps you could run:
>
> export | grep LC_ALL
>
> in a terminal and send me the output.
>
> cheers,
> pete.

hallo pete,
your way of thinking might be right, cause starting sweep like:

'LANG=en_US.UTF-8  sweep'

i do not get the crash anymore.

this prefix i always use to start ardour, cause if not there will be a
lot of strange minor issues here....

now back to sweep - if i start it with prefix, everything looks good,
but when i press play, nothing happens, and i get this in a console:

'sweep: alsa_setup: audio interface does not support host endian 32 bit
float samples (Invalid argument)'

no idea what is wrong here the file is a regular wav:

nowhiskey at murija2:~/diverses/sound$ sndfile-info Blub.wav

Version : libsndfile-1.0.17

File : Blub.wav
Length : 509616
RIFF : 509608
WAVE
fmt  : 16
  Format        : 0x1 => WAVE_FORMAT_PCM
  Channels      : 2
  Sample Rate   : 48000
  Block Align   : 4
  Bit Width     : 16
  Bytes/sec     : 192000
data : 509572
End

Sample Rate : 48000
Frames      : 127393
Channels    : 2
Format      : 0x00010002
Sections    : 1
Seekable    : TRUE
Duration    : 00:00:02.654
Signal Max  : 32753 (-0.00 dB)

nowhiskey at murija2:~/diverses/sound$

the command you asked me for (export | grep LC_ALL) does not turn
anything here:

 nowhiskey at murija2:~$ export | grep LC_ALL
nowhiskey at murija2:~$

thanks for taking your time and cheers,

doc