[LAU] Lightwheight midi transformer

Dominic Sacré dominic.sacre at gmx.de
Thu Apr 17 11:20:24 EDT 2008

On Thursday 17 April 2008 13:30:55 Dave Phillips wrote:
> M-.-n wrote:
> > I'm looking for some kind of midi processor that would allow me to
> > convert midi input (from a controller) into some other midi output (to
> > gear) so that I can workaround the limitiation of my faderfoxes that
> > have all midi pre-wired. Would there be an application like that is
> > lightwheight enough I could run it on my EEE ?
>
> I've been asking for such a utility for a while. As I've mentioned
> before , something like a software version of the Yamaha MEP4 would be
> neat.

You may want to try mididings (http://das.nasophon.de/mididings/). It's work
in progress, and some features are barely documented at the moment, but it
seems like it might fit the bill.
It's text-based, scripted in Python. You don't need to know Python to put
together simple patches, but it certainly helps for more advanced setups.

//das