[LAU] qjackctl patchbay

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Thu Apr 17 17:56:34 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 08:18:14PM +0200, Salvatore Di Pietro wrote:

> I always loved it, but never found a way to let me disconnect clients if
>   I want to, *without automatically reconnecting them*, i.e. if I want
> it to set the connections only when the audio/midi programs start and
> their ports show up...

It has other problems. (version 0.3.2)

1. The 'snapshot of actual connections' doesn't work correctly.

  Simplest example: connect capture_1 to playback_2, capture_2
  to playback_1, make and save the snapshot, then activate.

2. It doesn't let you update (overwrite) and existing saved
patchbay.

3. It doesn't allow you to activate a patchbay until it is saved.

Most times when I want to use the patchbay I don't want to save
it at all, just use it for some time. 2+3 lead to a collection
of unwanted patchbay files in my home directory.

Both 2+3 and the problem reported by Salvatore could be
solved by having 'Update' and 'Reload' buttons instead of
the forced persistence.

Ciao,

--
FA