[LAU] question re: Minicomputer synth

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Tue Apr 29 12:02:32 EDT 2008

I plan to implement an automated start and stop of the synthcore through
the editor so it going to be transparent for the user that Minicomputer
is actually made of two programs. While I think it addresses only a
fraction of users (dont expect a piano from it) it should be made as
accessible as possible. But shiny GUIs, I don't know. The look stays the
way it is. It stirred up some discussion but the look is a statement of
Minicomputer, Industrial.
Maybe in future synths (certainly not in the next one which is a
derivate of Minicomputer and work with wavetables, not in Creative Labs
but in PPG sense :) ) I will unify the application and handle the GUI in
a separate thread for technical reasons so it integrates better or more
easily for me as a programmer. But an remote access through something
like OSC should come with it.

But yeah, I am using Nord Modular and Csound regularly even today, so
its the right tool for the right purpose :)

Cheers,

Malte

--
Malte Steiner