[LAU] Trying to get rid of xruns

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Mon Aug 4 18:37:06 EDT 2008

Quoth garryo at 2008-08-05 07:27...

> if you try the stuff in my previous post and you succeed in getting your
> soundcard set up with an interrupt of its own, then you can assign a
> realtime priority to that interrupt:

If turning off ACPI is the only way to be able to change interrupts, I'm
pretty well stuffed there due to my fan control/overheating problem.  Is
there any other way to change them?  I was told a couple of days ago
that laptop interrupts can't be changed anyway, but this may be incorrect.

I would, however, regard all this as fine-tuning.  What's getting me is
that moving to the RT kernel is getting me more - and I mean lots more -
xruns.  I *must* have something wrong in my kernel configuration, but
until I can get my hands on a known good .config to compare with I won't
know what.

Once the kernel issue are sorted, I'll start looking at this interrupts
thing - I really don't need that internal sound card, so disabling it
should free up some resources.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Matthew Smith