[LAU] easy to play songs for piano

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 16:04:29 EDT 2008

Robin Gareus wrote:

> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to learn to play piano. I have learned 'Let it be' from The
>> Beatles. What are more good popular music songs for beginner pianist?
>> And are those sheets available on the internet?
>>

> Beginner questions are the hardest to answer.. I assume you can read
> sheets, so let me have a go: I also learned playing piano with the
> Beatles. They're very good to understand harmonic progressions. and it's
> easy to get enthusiastic about their songs - yesterday is melodic moll
> with lots of "quart-sext vorhalt" (german translation) ; just put your
> fingers on the keys and it will become obvious.. well kind of ;)
>
> You may get a "Beatles-complete for piano" used-edition cheap on amazon.
> If you're into jazz get the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Book .
> or otherwise the "Blue-Album 76-70" (ISBN 0-7119-3618-8) - Books or
>

> If you're interested in sharing sheets or tutorials on your piano quest
> with other LAUs ,  have a preview at our upcoming wiki:
> http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/abc
> http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/abcmiditutorial
> and contact me on LAD or off-list.
>
> May I ask how you play the piano? Are you using sf2 sound-fonts on
> qsynth with a midi keyboard? or dssi-synth with jack-midi ? or a plain
> old /analog/ piano?

Thanks for your answer. I play piano using my Fatar sl 880 and
LinuxSampler with that nice piano sample from there website.

Yes I can read sheets, but my bass clef knowledge is not really developed.

I have search for some second hand Beatles songbooks (for piano), I
gonna buy one of them...

About the Real book for Jazz, can you download it somewhere?

I'm starting to learn Lilypond...

Regards,