[LAU] Patching linux 2.6.26.3

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Thu Aug 21 06:10:20 EDT 2008

Hi Julien

>    I'm trying to patch the linux kernel version 2.6.26.3 with the rt-patch. But
> there's only a patch for 2.6.26. It's not working very well. Because some
> changes were already taken into the kernel. Which command should I use to do
> the patch properly. Or should I stop patching all together? Or is there another
> experimental place to get newer rt-patches.

I had this all bookmarked a couple of weeks ago, but deleted them when I
got my system working :(

The easiest way to get your kernel patched correctly is to use ketchup -
not the regular ketchup, but one that understands the RT patches.

Here's the RT-aware ketchup:

<http://people.redhat.com/srostedt/rt/tools/ketchup-0.9.8-rt3>

Have a read of the RT wiki:

<http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page>

RT patches:

<http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/>

I think you are right - there doesn't appear to be a patch against
2.6.26.3 yet; I would advise that you get ketchup to build you
2.6.23-rt1 to start with.

You would probably benefit from joining the linux-rt-users mailing list
(I did!).  Details on at vger.kernel.org:

<http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html>

Hope this helps!

Cheers