[LAU] native linux vsts (esp glitch)

Crypto crypto at online.de
Sun Aug 24 11:46:56 EDT 2008

Am Sonntag, 24. August 2008 13:03:40 schrieb Atte André Jensen:

> 4) Anyone here using vsts (both native and windows)? If so how do you
> use them, in which hosts, and with which benefits/problems? Who do you
> use them over dssi or ladspa alternatives?
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi Atte,

I am using dssi-vst + wine to run my B4II Hammond organ simulation. I have
found this to be the most foolproof and neat solution. The graphical user
interface of the B4II is supported and displays without errors.

Initially I used to have some issues running the vst related to the wine
version I was using and there used to be a recommendation of a particular
version of wine that appeared to work with dssi-vst. This is outdated as
latest wine versions have never caused any trouble any more.

I do not compile neither wine nor dssi-vst as I have never had much success
doing that, there have always been some issues like which path to the vst to
include and/or how to include jack interface etc. I simply download *.deb
packages which install and run just fine on my sidux linux system.

The B4II runs really nicely with low latency and a great sound quality. I
bought a terratec Aureon USB interface that has optical S/PDIF connectors
which connect to my audio amplifier that has a TOS-link itself. So no humming
issues here - and it all connects to /runs on my notebook.

Regards,
Crypto.