[LAU] AMMD studio | presentation of our free software-based studio for free arts only

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 13:18:19 EDT 2008

hi

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Aurelien <orl at ammd.net> wrote:

> So here it is. The only purposes of this studio is to produce FREE ARTS
> and to make some LESSONS about how to use free softwares in
> professionnal audio context.
>
> Don't hesitate to ask me what you wonder!

Wow, that is an awesome system you have!  I wonder if you might be
interested in collaborating with us to provide music and maybe even do some
compositing of video segments for the Digital Tipping Point document?

The DTP is a film library project and a documentary film project that
strives to do three things:  1) build a great collection of video about the
new human renaissance that Free Open Source Software (FOSS) will bring to
the world (hopefully); 2) build a movie-in-a-box out of the 7 best hours of
that footage; 3) create an entertaining, informative documentary out of that
library.  The film will show how Free Open Source Software is in the process
of creating an explosion of creativity, literacy, and scientific
advancement.  The target audience is Windows users.  We want to make the
film sufficiently fun that even those unfamiliar with Linux, such as simple
end Windows users will be entertained.

We have filmed many dignitaries such as Christian Ude (the Mayor of Munich),
Hermann-Josef Pelgrim (the Mayor of Schwaebisch Hall), Gilberto Gil (the
Culture Minister of Brazil), and Luiz Millan Vazquez de Miguel, (the
Extremaduran Minister of Science, Education), Jimmy Wales, the founder of
Wikipedia, and Mark Shuttleworth, the founder of Canonical and Unbuntu.  Our
film is the first feature length documentary to be built on-line out of
fully forkable footage released under a Creative Commons
Attribute-ShareAlike license on the Internet Archive.

You can see our raw video here, where we currently have 60 hours of raw
rough cut  video.  This video will need to be re-rendered for most
applications other than casual watching, as it is our "source code".  It has
no plot or music or transitions.

 http://www.archive.org/details.php?identifier=digitaltippingpoint

Our keyword search index page is located below.  It is the place to go to
find specific persons or themes for our footage.

http://tinyurl.com/yluwoc

Please let me know if this interests you?

--
Christian Einfeldt,
Producer, The Digital Tipping Point